E-Readers

E-reader questions? Ask an electronics Expert.

I have been asked to sign in using my password which I have…

Customer Question
Hi. I have been...

Hi. I have been asked to sign in using my password ***** I have forgotten

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?

A Kindle White, about a year old

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

The Kindle was a gift and was set up for me when I received it so I have no idea what password ***** used

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the E-reader Expert to know before I connect you?

I might also need to advise Amazon of my new VISA number

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: E-Readers
10/3/2017
Electronics Technician: Louie, Technician replied 10 months ago
Louie, Technician

Hi and welcome to JustAnswer, I’m Louie. Sorry you had to wait awhile but I’ll do my best to help.
Initially, would you consider a full RESET?
And to avoid asking you to do something you've already tried, can you please tell me what / any and all troubleshooting / specific steps you've already attempted other than / to address the above.

This is an independent site and members of this online community provide information, repair tips, technical assistance as a form of paid Q & A service.

I haven't tried anything in way of troubleshooting. I had had no trouble at all ordering books on my Kindle until today when I was asked to submit my password.
Louie. Thanks but I will bail out now and get one of the family to assist me. I thought this would be simple and I am way out of my depth. Thanks for your time.

I understand.