E-Readers

E-reader questions? Ask an electronics Expert.

I haven't used my kindle in awhile. Today i tried to buy a…

Customer Question
I haven't used my...

I haven't used my kindle in awhile. Today i tried to buy a book, and when i entered it, a message came up saying i had a problem with my last purchase. i think i fixed it on my amazon account but now my kindle just shows a huge blank screen. What should i do now?

Technician's Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the exact make and model of your machine?

A kindle paperwhite 7th generation

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

I just fixed my credit card information on my amazon account. that is all. well, i charged it, but it is blocking all the boxes, so i can' t do anything else really.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the E-reader Expert to know before I connect you?

No, i just wanted to read some books i have been hearing about. and it will not work. thank you]

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: E-Readers
Answered in 1 minute by:
10/2/2017
Electronics Technician: Viet - E-reader Tech, Technician replied 10 months ago
Viet - E-reader Tech

I'm sorry about the issue. Please press and hold the Power on / off button on your Kindle for about 45 seconds, then turn it back on and check.
- Does that do anything? What's showing on your Kindle's screen now?
Please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help further. Thank you.

Does it do anything when you keep holding the power on / off button on your Kindle for a long time, like for about 45 seconds?

Also, are you able to read your Kindle books at the website below on a computer or tablet or smartphone?

https://read.amazon.com

It looks like you are not there. We can schedule another time.

When you are available, please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help further. Thank you.