E-Readers

E-reader questions? Ask an electronics Expert.

Howdy. Howdy .. I have a kindle HD7 it wont powder up ...I…

Customer Question
Howdy .. I have...

Howdy .. I have a kindle HD7 it wont powder up ...I took it to a computer place and he said .there was a prong broken where you plug in the powder source he said he didn't work on kindles... I get this in 11-18 13 order #(###) ###-####3447 w/warranty/w a cover ...now what should I do ..thanks in advance ,,.Colleen Harker (*****@******.***

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?

Kindlel fire,. HD 7 2013

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

We have been so busy that I haven't read much , , until lately I tried powdering it last week no go,, I tried to powdering it up , ,, I thought ,well its my cord ... so plug in my phone wow the phone work and charged up right away.. so it wasn't my powder supply

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the E-reader Expert to know before I connect you?

I guess that is all for now and thanks for your help..

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: E-Readers
10/2/2017
Electronics Technician: Richard, Customer Service replied 10 months ago
Richard, Customer Service

Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

This is usually an issue with the Firmware, so I would first like you to do this please.

Remove the charger from the Kindle and hold the power button to off for 35 seconds.

Release, then connect the charger and try to turn on the Kindle.

Let me know the results please

Thank you