E-Readers

E-reader questions? Ask an electronics Expert.

I got a new fire 7 and i cannot get it to work it is because…

Customer Question
I got a new...

I got a new fire 7 and i cannot get it to work it is because i have not been able to get password

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?

I just got it on sat

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

I am not to good on understanding what they mean i got the password ***** the router but it said is no good

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: E-Readers
Answered in 1 minute by:
10/1/2017
Electronics Technician: Russell H., Technician replied 10 months ago
Russell H., Technician

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.
Is it the WiFi password, or passphrase, that allows you to connect the Kindle to WiFi and internet, that you are having trouble with?

And, do you have any other devices about, that are connected to and working off of, this same WiFi?

we have computer and fire 2

OK, is the computer an Apple or a Windows PC?

lenovo

Good. Is it Windows 10?

i think it is 7 but am not sure

OK. If it has a big round 'orb' at the lower left of the screen, it's either Windows Vista or Windows 7.

Try this on your Windows 7 (?) computer:

right click on the WiFi icon at lower right, it looks like parallel waves from an antenna, usually.

Choose the Open Network And Sharing Center.

Then, click on Change Adapter Settings at left.

Then, right-click on the WiFi icon there, and choose STATUS.

Then, click on Wireless Properties.

Click on the Security tab.

Click on the checkbox for 'Show Characters'... and behold, your WiFi password ***** be revealed there.

Use that to enter the same password ***** your Kindle. It should work, if you get the characters entered exactly right, UPPER CASE like that as distinguished from lower-case letters.

Let me know if that works for you.