E-Readers

E-reader questions? Ask an electronics Expert.

My husband's e-reader seems to be frozen, we can't go to…

Customer Question
My husband's e-reader seems...

My husband's e-reader seems to be frozen, we can't go to home page we can't turn the page, it seems to stuck .

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?

Its' 1 week old. Kobo aura edition 2.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

Since last night. I tried turning off and on, I tried to charge it on the computer.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the E-reader Expert to know before I connect you?

Not sure. I guess nothing else.

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: E-Readers
Answered in 1 day by:
10/2/2017
Electronics Technician: Richard, Customer Service replied 10 months ago
Richard, Customer Service

Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

This is usually an issue with the Firmware, so I would first like you to do this please.

Remove the charger from the Kobo and hold the power button to off for 60 seconds.

Release, then connect the charger and try to turn on the unit and use it.

Let me know the results please

Thank you

Still not able to do anything!

Did the screen turn off when you did my instructions?

Not really, I can still see writing on the page but very pale, like 2 pages stuck together.

Ok, the screen needs to turn off.

Can you hold the power button until it turns off please.

Tell me when you have

The little power light goes off but not screen. I can still see pale letters on the screen.

ok, it looks like the screens panel has faulted.

When you power it on again, any change on the screen at all?

No

Thanks

It is the internal LCD panel on the screen that has faulted, this now confirms it

I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the Kobo to have this replaced. Itwill be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you.

I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the page, then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Ok thanks!

You are welcome

If you need anything else, please let me know and please remember the service rating via one of the stars at the top then submit

Thank you