E-Readers

E-reader questions? Ask an electronics Expert.

I have a Kindle and I cannot get in due to not remembering…

Customer Question
I have a Kindle...

I have a Kindle and I cannot get in due to not remembering my password. This is Judy's 2nd Kindle and when the opening screen comes up I get only an Enter Passcode

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?

.This has not happened before and I am in the middle of a book. You should know that I am clueless about technology. My husband set this up and he does not remember the passcode. Help!

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

It has just started today. We have just changed internet provider and are trying to get all our devices logged on to the new wi-fi. All we have done is turn it off and then back on. Every time I open this Kindle all I have to do is slide on the screen and get the book I am reading. We must have done something to cause this Enter Passcode screen...I don't know the password, and when I try to by-pass this screen, the Kindle just shuts down.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the E-reader Expert to know before I connect you?

I don't think so. I just want a new passcode or something so I can even open this Kindle and get to my books. All I get is the Enter Password ***** and can't get passed it.

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: E-Readers
9/30/2017
Electronics Technician: Viet - E-reader Tech, Technician replied 10 months ago
Viet - E-reader Tech

I'm sorry about the issue. Please try the passcode 111222777 and OK / continue.

Please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help further. Thank you.

If the passcode 111222777 does not work, then please try the passcode resetmykindle.

- Does any of the two passcodes above work? Does your Kindle have touchscreen?