E-Readers

E-reader questions? Ask an electronics Expert.

Have 8 inch kindle fire 6th edition will not come on. It…

Customer Question
Have 8 inch kindle...

Have 8 inch kindle fire 6th edition will not come on.

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?

It will be 2 yrs old in dec. cannot find box to get mod. no. it's 6th edition.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

It wAS FINE WHEN I STOPED USING IT LAST NITE. THIS IS FIRST PROBLEM.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the E-reader Expert to know before I connect you?

DON'T THINK SO.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: E-Readers
9/30/2017
Electronics Technician: GeekGal, Electronics Support Tech replied 7 months ago
GeekGal
GeekGal, Electronics Support Tech

Hi there! My name is*****'m sorry that you're having this trouble. It would be my pleasure to assist you. This and many other issues are often caused by a software "glitch". Luckily, this can be easily resolved. Please hold the power button in the off position for 20 seconds. This will force your Kindle to power off, rather than just "sleep" as it usually does.

If this doesn't work, please repeat the steps and this time hold the power button or switch in the off position for a full 40 seconds. This should reset the Kindle to factory defaults. You will know that it successfully reset to factory defaults, if it reset the Kindle back to the way it was when you took it out of the box. Did it do that? If not, please try it again, being sure to hold the power button for a FULL 40 seconds. If it did require you to set it up again, then the factory reset was successful.

If you do have to reset it to factory defaults, you don't have to be concerned about losing your books. The books that you have purchased from your Kindle will continue to be available at the Amazon website under My CONTENT if you should wish to download them again at some point in the future.

Please give this a try and let me know the results. If it is necessary to reset it to factory defaults I will walk you through setting it back up and getting your books back on there. If this does not resolve the problem, please let me know so we can do further testing.

Hi there! My name is*****'m sorry that you're having this trouble. It would be my pleasure to assist you. This and many other issues are often caused by a software "glitch". Luckily, this can be easily resolved. I realize that you said that already did a hard reset, but it is possible that you just restarted it by holding the power button in the off position for 20 seconds. This forces your Kindle to power off, rather than just "sleep" as it usually does.

Please try again and this time hold the power button or switch in the off position for a full 40 seconds. This should reset the Kindle to factory defaults. You will know that it successfully reset to factory defaults, if it reset the Kindle back to the way it was when you took it out of the box. Did it do that? If not, please try it again, being sure to hold the power button for a FULL 40 seconds. If it did require you to set it up again, then the factory reset was successful.

Please give this a try and let me know the results. If it is necessary to reset it to factory defaults I will walk you through setting it back up and getting your books back on there. If this does not resolve the problem, please let me know so I can provide further assistance.

Dan T.
Dan T.
Dan T., Master Technician