E-Readers

E-reader questions? Ask an electronics Expert.

Something has happened to my 4 -5 year old Kindle because…

Customer Question
Something has happened to...

Something has happened to my 4 -5 year old Kindle because when I turn it on a blue page comes up which I have never used before andI cannot get to my books

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?

It is a 9 inch long Kindle about 4 to 5 years old

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

It just started yesterday

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: E-Readers
9/30/2017
Electronics Technician: Russell H., Technician replied 8 months ago
Russell H., Technician

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.
What blue page do you see? just a blue screen with no text, no images, and no icons on it? or something else?

In the upper left corner are the words "Phil3rd Kindle' And across the top are Apps; labeled "Books", "Videos", Apps", Characters"

I'm not sure what Kindle model you have, but it might have a 'Home' key on it, if so, press that Home key, to try to get to the Home screen.

If it does not, or if it does but that does not work, a reset of the Kindle will possibly correct the problem. (Note: a reset will wipe the Kindle back to factory-release condition. This will erase all Notes, Bookmarks, and e-books from it... though the e-books will still be in your Amazon.com account and readily downloaded again from it, when you have finished the reset, without additional charge since you have already bought the said e-books.)

You may - if the above-mentioned is OK with you - reset the Kindle by turning it Off for a while, then holding down the Power switch for 20+ seconds. It will restart, wipe itself for a few minutes, then come up in a condition to

1: perhaps prompt you for Language and/or Date and Time settings, and

2: need to have you then tap on the antenna, choose WiFi, enter your WiFi password ***** prompted, and connect to WiFi and internet.

3: and then, go to Settings, Registration, Register Your Kindle, then choose 'I already have an Amazon account' and enter your Amazon username/email, and then the password ***** that Amazon account, to register your Kindle again.

After that, all should be well.

Let me know how it goes, or if there's any further problem - I will help further as needed.

Since I have not heard back from you, I am assuming that my answer was helpful and provided what you needed to help toward a solution.

If I have indeed answered your question, please rate my answer, using the five-star interface on your JustAnswer page. - A five-star rating would be appreciated. Thank you.

(If this didn't answer your question, if you need more info, or have any comments, use Reply To Expert to respond, and I will help and advise you further.)