E-Readers

E-reader questions? Ask an electronics Expert.

I connected my 4 th generation Kindle to wifi last night but…

Customer Question
I connected my 4...

I connected my 4 th generation Kindle to wifi last night but it will not connect to my existing Amazon account.

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?

Model D01100

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

Tried just working with Kindle alone then signed into Amazon on our home pc. no difference. Get message it cant connect to Amazon I got it yesterday from an ebay seller with good feedback said it's new but it may be like 2011

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: E-Readers
9/30/2017
Electronics Technician: Randy Boman, Technician replied 10 months ago
Randy Boman
Randy Boman, Technician
My name is***** am sorry to hear that you are having this issue.
I will be glad to assist you.
This is usually caused by a glitch in the firmware and can be resolved by a forced reboot, then your kindle will work normally again. Slide or press and hold the power switch for 40 seconds, then release.Then press or slide the power button to restart if the device does not start up again on its own. Then try connecting to WiFi and sign in with your Amazon account info. If that fails you will need to update the Kindle using a computer. Let me know the Kindle Version if it does not work please.
From Home, tap the Menu icon, and then tap Settings. From Settings, tap the Menu icon, and then tap Device Info.

Did that work for you?