E-Readers

E-reader questions? Ask an electronics Expert.

Forgot password, Kindle fire HD about 3 years old, Tried to…

Customer Question
Forgot password Technician's Assistant:...

Forgot password

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?

Kindle fire HD about 3 years old

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

Tried to log in to set up another user

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: E-Readers
9/30/2017
Electronics Technician: Randy Boman, Technician replied 10 months ago
Randy Boman
Randy Boman, Technician

Hi ,
My name is***** am sorry to hear that you are having this issue.
I will be glad to assist you with this.

On the lock screen, swipe from the right side edge of the screen.
Enter an incorrect password ***** PIN (at least characters in length) five times. ...
Tap Reset to reset your device to factory defaults.

You can also change your Fire tablet's lock screen password ***** PIN directly from Manage Your Content and Devices.

1. On your computer or mobile device, go to the full Amazon.com website Manage Your Content and Devices,CLICK HERE FOR DIRECT LINK
  2. and then select Your Devices.
  3. From the list of devices registered to your Amazon account, select your Fire tablet.
  4. Select the Device Actions drop-down menu, and then select Remote Lock.
  5. Enter and then confirm a new password ***** PIN, and then select Lock Device.
  6. From your Fire tablet, tap Unlock Device.
  7. Swipe in from the right edge of the screen to unlock your device. Enter your lock screen password ***** PIN, and then tap OK

Let me know if works for you.

Please let me know if you need any other assistance.
Also, please take a moment to rate my service by choosing one of the stars at the top and click on submit.
Thank you very much!