E-Readers

E-reader questions? Ask an electronics Expert.

When I tried to read in my Kindle this morning, it will not…

Customer Question
When I tried to...

When I tried to read in my Kindle this morning, it will not swipe the pages. I checked the charge, and it's more than half charged. When I touch the screen to turn the page, it tries to search words, etc. Help!

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?

It's about three-four years old. I have the serial number; will that tell you exactly how old it is? 9017 2202 5135 OC3P

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

It started today; it was not doing it yesterday when I downloaded several books. I've tried putting the charger onto it, and I'm in the process of restarting it. Nothing else.

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: E-Readers
9/30/2017
Electronics Technician: Randy Boman, Technician replied 10 months ago
Randy Boman
Randy Boman, Technician
My name is***** am sorry to hear that you are having this issue.
I will be glad to assist you.
This is usually caused by a glitch in the firmware and can be resolved by a forced reboot, then your kindle will work normally again. Slide or press and hold the power switch for 40 seconds, continue holding down for the full 40 seconds even if it powers off, then release.Then press or slide the power button to restart if the device does not start up again on its own.If the screen is still unresponsive, plug in your device using the USB cord or power adapter that came with it. Then try charging the Kindle tablet with a wall outlet power adapter. Let the device charge for 30 minutes, unplug it, and then try to restart again.