E-Readers

E-reader questions? Ask an electronics Expert.

My kindle does not retain a charge and then when I charge it…

Customer Question
My kindle does not...

My kindle does not retain a charge and then when I charge it I can't open it. It remains locked and I cannot tell what is going on.

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?

It is a paperwhite, probably about 2 years old - I can't get into it so that is all I remember

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

I only use it when I travel so do not think about it until I can't use it - this has been going on for about 6 months - I have tried to call support only to be put on hold

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the E-reader Expert to know before I connect you?

No - but connect me what

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: E-Readers
9/30/2017
Electronics Technician: info tech, Technician replied 10 months ago
info tech
info tech, Technician

Hello
Welcome
Whilst this may be a hardware issue I am hopeful you have success doing this>>>
Please reset the kindle by holding down (or slide to the right on early kindles) the on/off switch for 40 seconds (use a watch to time) ignore any messages the kindle may display, then release your finger the kindle should reboot and re-load the operating system, you may have to do this both on and off the charger and upto 4 times before it resets.
Let me know if you need more help OR if this does not work for you.

A positive rating is appreciated thank you (rating bar of stars top of the page thank you) 3 to 5 stars and the site will release a payment to me thank you.
Regards
Anthony