E-Readers

E-reader questions? Ask an electronics Expert.

I have a kindle. I have ordered 2 new books and nothing goes…

Customer Question
I have a kindle...

I have a kindle. I have ordered 2 new books and nothing goes through. Can you help?

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?

Several years old; no idea. I recently purchased books, but now it does not work?!

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

Just today. Tried to order "Dinner at the Homesick REstaurant" and "The Book of Joy." Is my credit card up to date?

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the E-reader Expert to know before I connect you?

Nope. Thanks.

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: E-Readers
9/30/2017
Electronics Technician: Nathan, Technician replied 10 months ago
Nathan, Technician

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review your details here.

This symptom can indicate several possible issues: an internal hardware failure, a low/faulty battery, or just a simple memory/firmware glitch.
The first step here will be to attempt to reboot the kindle. This is done by pressing/sliding and holding the power button for 20+ seconds, or until the screen flashes (usually with an image of a tree), then release. Give the kindle about a minute to start back up. Note that you may need to repeat this process 4-5 times for the reset to take effect. Let me know if the problem persists, we can then try some further steps.

Thanks,

Hello, it appears your question is still open.

Do you need more help with this?

We do not need more help. I thought I cancelled. My problem was expiration of the credit card on my Amazon account. I did not realize extent you were charging me. I object to $31 charge. $5 ok.

Thank you for the update, and sorry for any confusion. Those amounts would have been on the payment page when signing up. I'll send a note to customer service for you.

Please cancel and eliminate all but $5 charge. No further communication is required from you.

As I mentioned, I've sent a note to customer service to handle that for you.