E-Readers

E-reader questions? Ask an electronics Expert.

My Kindle 2 will not start ... I have tried holding the

Customer Question
Hi my Kindle 2...

Hi my Kindle 2 will not start ... I have tried holding the power button for 30 seconds, it tried to reboot but would only get partially thruogh the task bar before switching off... I have tried Alt R as well to the same affect.. is there anything else I can do???

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?

Kindle 2..I think??? about 6 years old... the one with the keyboard...

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

Just last night.... it was working perfectly before then.... tried rebooting by holding the power button for 30 seconds and Alt R but it only partially goes through the task bar

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: E-Readers
9/29/2017
Electronics Technician: Cory, Technician replied 10 months ago
Cory
Cory, Technician

Welcome, I am Cory. Thank you for using Justanswer.

Please press and hold the power button for a full 40 seconds, as this is the proper reset procedure.

Let me know if it is working after that.

I did this .. it looked as though I t was going to work.. however it hasn't. .. the screen has gone blank again

Please plug in the Kindle.

Let it charge for 15 minutes.

Perform the 40-second reset.

Let it charge 15 more minutes.

Let me know if it is working.

Done all of the above.. no it is not working

Do you have another device with the same plug? This may be an Android phone or another device. If so, please plug it in to charge for 15 minutes. After 15 minutes, do the 40-second reset and let charge 15 more minutes.