E-Readers

E-reader questions? Ask an electronics Expert.

I cannot swipe/navigate after pressing the on/off button. 25…

Customer Question
Hi there, I cannot...

Hi there, I cannot swipe/navigate after pressing the on/off button.

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?

25 May 2016, 7th Generation

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

I poked a paper clip in the tiny hole on the bottom. Since yesterday. Did not drop or have in sun. ??

Technician's Assistant: What confuses you?

I cannot get in and read. I cannot swipe the reader open to view my content.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the E-reader Expert to know before I connect you?

Not now.

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: E-Readers
9/29/2017
Electronics Technician: Josh, Technician replied 10 months ago
Josh, Technician

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you. Let's get started!

Please plug in your Kindle for 5 minutes then hold down the power button for 45 seconds while it is plugged in until the Kindle reboots. It can take 2-3 minutes for the complete reboot process.

If that does not work then please let me know when you purchased the Kindle

I am checking back up on you about your issue. If the issue is resolved or you do not need anymore help, please rate our session as 5 stars and press Submit so I am credited with helping you otherwise please reply back so we can continue with the issue.