E-Readers

E-reader questions? Ask an electronics Expert.

I have a kindle paperwhite and would like to delete books…

Customer Question
I have a kindle...

I have a kindle paperwhite and would like to delete books that I have already read and delete some books that I don't know where they came from like Abby Lingvo comprehensive Russian-English books? There are about three of these with different lang. my girlfriend also has a paper white and she has the same things on hers. Help!

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?

Where do I find that?

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

I have not tried anything yet. I pulled the cover off of my kindle so if you tell me where to find the information on the make and model i will look.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the E-reader Expert to know before I connect you?

No thanks alot. I will relay any information to to my friend.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: E-Readers
9/29/2017
Electronics Technician: Josh, Technician replied 7 months ago
Josh, Technician

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you. Let's get started!

Are you trying to delete it completely from your Amazon account?

how do I do it? I have already paid to get an answer but do not have one. I don't want a free trial !
No not my account just from the kindle I thought that is what I asked for

Tap and hold the title of the Kindle content you want to delete.

On the device I have3 books or Dictionarys Aby ABBY Linvo in different lang. when I press on the title It comes up with add to home, add to collection and Book Description. Nothing about deleting it.

Hold down your finger on the book

I did that and held it there for about 10 sec. nothing happened.
Thanks for your help. I will try taking it to the store where I got it and ask someone there.

Are you viewing the books from the home screen (not the cloud tab option)?

I am on my kindle and looking at the title. I pushed on the book and nothing happens I thought I explained that.

I apologize for the long wait.

If the book is being shown on the cloud tab option then you will not be able to delete it because it is being stored on the Amazon server.

I am checking back up on you about your issue. If the issue is resolved or you do not need anymore help, please rate our session as 5 stars and press Submit so I am credited with helping you otherwise please reply back so we can continue with the issue.

Josh, Technician