E-Readers

E-reader questions? Ask an electronics Expert.

My kindle is fully charged but after I swipe the screen I…

Customer Question
My kindle is fully...

My kindle is fully charged but after I swipe the screen I only get a blank screen

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?

Its at least 6-7 years old, don't have the model number.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

Just happened yesterday. I ordered a book on the kindle on Wednesday. Haven't done any other trouble shooting except for charging

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: E-Readers
9/29/2017
Electronics Technician: info tech, Technician replied 10 months ago
info tech
info tech, Technician

Hello
Welcome
Whilst this may be a hardware issue I am hopeful you have success doing this>>>
Please reset the kindle by holding down (or slide to the right on early kindles) the on/off switch for 40 seconds (use a watch to time) ignore any messages the kindle may display, then release your finger the kindle should reboot and re-load the operating system, you may have to do this both on and off the charger and upto 4 times before it resets.
Let me know if you need more help OR if this does not work for you.

A positive rating is appreciated thank you (rating bar of stars top of the page thank you) 3 to 5 stars and the site will release a payment to me thank you.
Regards
Anthony