E-Readers

E-reader questions? Ask an electronics Expert.

Both of my Kindle are dead. How do I fix? One is a 10 inch…

Customer Question
Both of my Kindle...

Both of my Kindle are dead. How do I fix?

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?

One is a 10 inch about 2 years old model SR87MC and the other a 7 INCH

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

Several tears old ModelSV98LN

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the E-reader Expert to know before I connect you?

I triedv hold the on button on for a while. This has been a problem fo 6 mos.

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: E-Readers
9/29/2017
Electronics Technician: Nathan, Technician replied 10 months ago
Nathan, Technician

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review your details here.

This symptom can indicate several possible issues: an internal hardware failure, a low/faulty battery, or just a simple memory/firmware glitch.

The first step here will be to attempt to reboot the kindle. This is done by pressing/sliding and holding the power button for 20+ seconds, or until the screen flashes (usually with an image of a tree), then release. Give the kindle about a minute to start back up. Note that you may need to repeat this process 4-5 times for the reset to take effect. Let me know if the problem persists, we can then try some further steps.

Thanks,

Hello, it appears your question is still open.

Do you need more help with this?