E-Readers

E-reader questions? Ask an electronics Expert.

I cant open my kindle device. I have tried swiping and when…

Customer Question
I cant open my...

I cant open my kindle device. I have tried swiping and when I push button to turn power off, the box shows up to cancel, restart or power off but when I click any of them nothing happens

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?

Its kindle paperwhite 2015

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

Just tonight

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the E-reader Expert to know before I connect you?

No it worked fine this afternoon

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: E-Readers
9/29/2017
Electronics Technician: Richard, Customer Service replied 7 months ago
Richard, Customer Service

Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

This is usually an issue with the Firmware, so I would first like you to do this please.

Remove the charger from the Kindle and hold the power button to off for 35 seconds.

Release, then connect the charger and try to turn on the Kindle.

Let me know the results please

Thank you

Richard, Customer Service