E-Readers

E-reader questions? Ask an electronics Expert.

I am unable to enter the correct password for my home wi-fi…

Customer Question
I am unable to...

I am unable to enter the correct password ***** my home wi-fi network. When I enter the password ***** I find on the router, the kindle insists that this password ***** ***** I have reentered the correct PW repeatedly with this same negative result.

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?

It's a refurbished Kindle paperwhite dated 2015

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

It just arrived in the mail, so not long. What troubleshooting would you suffest?

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the E-reader Expert to know before I connect you?

No, thank you.

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: E-Readers
9/28/2017
Electronics Technician: Josh, Technician replied 10 months ago
Josh, Technician

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you. Let's get started!

What is the error message that you see?

Your Kindle is unable to connect to the Wi-Fi network "BD8VC". The password ***** entered is incorrect. Try entering your password ***** or manually setting up your network.
No, I'd rather try this way first.

Are you 100% sure that you are entering the password ***** it appears on the router? It needs to use the same capitalization as it shows

I know that. Yes, i am 100% sure.

Since it is a refurbished device, let's reset it again...

1. Tap Menu→Settings.

Tap Menu→Reset Device.

2. When you see the warning, tap Yes

I've tried this repeatedly. I don't see an entry screen for "menu"I don't see an entry box for "settings"I don't see a menu choice for "Reset device."I don't see any of these things.Howdo I get to the Home screen?
I'm going to get out of this, and once again try Amazion device support.
I can't BELIEVE Amazon packed a device without a shred of instructional material and instead of customer ser

Please follow the link above

service a sucker system with prompts for more money.

Please follow the link above