E-Readers

E-reader questions? Ask an electronics Expert.

Our wireless went out for a few hrs last wk. After it was…

Customer Question
Our wireless went out...

Our wireless went out for a few hrs last wk. After it was reconniected, I was asked for my password. When I attempted to enter the password, "drewhannah6", my computer skipped a space making my password came out "dr ewhannah6" and even with multiple attempts I could not get rid of the skipped space. What should I do now? Thanks, ***** *****

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?

Please tell me where to find that info.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

The wireless went out for a short time and I tried multiple times to get the password ***** register without the space.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the E-reader Expert to know before I connect you?

No thanks! I use my Kindle every day!

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: E-Readers
9/28/2017
Electronics Technician: Russell H., Technician replied 10 months ago
Russell H., Technician

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

Are you trying to enter the password ***** your computer, or into your Kindle device, please?

Depending upon which it is, (and if a computer, also mention the type, Windows or Apple), I will instruct you as to what to do.

If the password ***** for the WiFi connection, then you need to choose the 'Forget' option, after selecting the connection, under

Home screen

Settings

'view' option next to WiFi Settings

then choose the connection you wish to use (your WiFi), but then choose the

Forget

option next to your WiFi - and once it is forgotten, i.e. once the wifi-password-with-a-space is erased, you can (carefully) connect to that WiFi, and enter the password *****

If this answers your question, please rate my answer. A five-star rating would be appreciated! Thank you.

If you need more info, or have any comments, use Reply To Expert to respond.