E-Readers

E-reader questions? Ask an electronics Expert.

Have e-mail on my Kindle Fire and 2 days ago, it stopped…

Customer Question
Have e-mail on...

Have e-mail on my Kindle Fire and 2 days ago, it stopped working. I have not changed the settings - what could be the problem

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?

It is about 18 months old - Kindle Fire is all I know. Got it as a gift

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

The past couple of days. I just don't get messages on it. Did try to uninstall so that I could install it again but it did not uninstall

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the E-reader Expert to know before I connect you?

On the e-mail, it just says checking mail.

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: E-Readers
9/28/2017
Electronics Technician: Richard, Customer Service replied 10 months ago
Richard, Customer Service

Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

This is usually an issue with the Firmware, so I would first like you to do this please.

Remove the charger from the Kindle and hold the power button to off for 60 seconds.

Release, then connect the charger and try to turn on the Kindle and access your email.

Let me know the results please

Thank you