E-Readers

E-reader questions? Ask an electronics Expert.

I have 2 amazon fire kids edition tablets and have

Customer Question
I have 2 amazon...

I have 2 amazon fire kids edition tablets and have downloaded movies that I have paid for on them. I am now having problems with both of them that they will not play the movies I have bought without having a wi-fi connection and I do not know why or how to correct this

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?

Bought one last year about this time and bought the second one around easter of this year

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

It has been going on a couple of months and I have tried everything I can think of ...when looking on the movies on my screen it says the movies have had download trouble and need redownloaded I have tried this but it always tells me after trying to download the movies again that their is a problem trying to download

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: E-Readers
9/28/2017
Electronics Technician: Richard, Customer Service replied 8 months ago
Richard, Customer Service

Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

This is usually an issue with the Firmware, so I would first like you to do this please.

Remove the charger from the Kindle and hold the power button to off for 60 seconds.

Release, then connect the charger and try to turn on the Kindles and access the content.

Let me know the results please

Thank you

It will not let me even do anything connected to the charger

You mean you cannot operate the Kindle at all?

when it is plugged into the charger

ok, do my instructions but leave it connected to the charger the whole time please

ok ready

Did you do the instructions?

I didn't get any instructions

do my instructions but leave it connected to the charger the whole time please

I will repeat them

hold the power button to off for 60 seconds.

Release, then turn on the Kindles and access the content.

Let me know the results please

Thank you

I did that but I can not even put in my pin when the kindle is connected to the charger

ok, so actually the issue is you cannot use the Kindle at all?

Not about downloaded movies ect.. but that you cannot even use them?

I can if it is not connected to the charger.. you told me to leave it connected to the charger...if it is not connected to the charger I can get on the movies in question but they will not play because it says there is not internet connection

ok, do the instructions with it not connected to the charger

It still wants a internet connection to access movies that were bought and already downloaded
It is saying there has been a download error on the movies in question but this has been recent...like played the movies many times without an internet connection and now it requires an internet connection to view them

ok, there is a time limit which varies between titles, and once it exceeds this you have to download it again.

Can you connect the internet, download it and once done, try to play it offline please.

I have tried that many times and it tells me that it has problems downloading and to retry download ....retry several times with the same result

Ok, we will need to reset the Kindle, this will remove all your content and return it to new, but you cannot avoid this.

Once registered you can get your content back

To do this

1. Swipe down from the top of the screen and tap Settings.
  2. Tap Device Options, and then tap Reset to Factory Defaults.
  3. Tap Reset to confirm.

Once done, set up the Kindle again and tell me if it then downloads please

This is still not working still trying to download 1 movie have been for at least 2 hours

has the download progressed at all?

They charged another $ 30 to my account ...that is a load of bull

I see nothing here for charges

I also do not understand why you stopped replying after a number of hours of support, did it then download?

Can you at least tell me if the problem is resolved as that would be the right thing to do

no the problem is not resolved and I have the original $5 charge and a $31 charge on my card ...went thru and everything ...I appreciate your help but I will no longer be responding so I do not get charged anymore on my card

yes, thats the cost of the service.

said it was $5 not $36

When you read it you see this is not the case, all other customers are aware of the actual costs.

But no problem, I see it is resolved.

All the best