E-Readers

E-reader questions? Ask an electronics Expert.

I have a paper kindle which had no power so needed charging.

Customer Question
I have a paper...

I have a paper white kindle which had no power so needed charging. it was orange when charging and is now green indicating that it is fully charged. I am unable to 're start it as it says

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?

If you want to read or shop on your kindle while continuing to charge over USB PLEASE KEEP THE USB CABLE ATTACHED BUT EJECT KINDLE FROM COMPUTER.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

This is the first time something like this has happened and I have tried no trouble or shooting

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the E-reader Expert to know before I connect you?

It is a paper white and I have no idea what model it is

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: E-Readers
9/28/2017
Electronics Technician: Louie, Technician replied 10 months ago
Louie, Technician

Hi and welcome to JustAnswer, I’m Louie. Sorry you had to wait awhile but I’ll do my best to help.
Initially and to avoid asking you to do something you've already tried, can you please tell me what / any and all troubleshooting / specific steps you've already attempted other than / to address the above.

This is an independent site and members of this online community provide information, repair tips, technical assistance as a form of paid Q & A service.

I charged it and then when indicated fully charged at a plug charge I unpluged it and tried to switch it on to no avail
the message I have sent you is on the screen and will not switch on

Have you tried / can you please try:

• press and hold (or depending on the version, slide and hold) the POWER button for a full 40 ~ 60 seconds;
  • even after the screen went blank;
  • then release the POWER button;
  • press or slide the POWER button to restart if the Kindle does not re-start on its own;
  • should the screen be still be unresponsive, then plug in Kindle using the USB cord or the A/C power adapter that came with it;
  • recommend charging the Kindle with an Amazon power adapter;
  • allow the Kindle to charge for 30 minutes, unplug it, and then try to restart again.
  • if still a no-go, check if the Kindle's software needs updating.