E-Readers

E-reader questions? Ask an electronics Expert.

Kindle fire won't fire up goes to black screen with Amazon…

Customer Question
Kindle fire won't fire...

Kindle fire won't fire up goes to black screen with Amazon in the center. Cannot go past and have rebooted

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?

Kindle Fire model SG98EG. 2 or 3 years old

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

Today, I did a hard reboot

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: E-Readers
9/27/2017
Electronics Technician: Josh, Technician replied 10 months ago
Josh, Technician

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you. Let's get started!

Please plug in your Kindle for 5 minutes then hold down the power button for 45 seconds while it is plugged in until the Kindle reboots. It can take 2-3 minutes for the complete reboot process.

If that does not work then please let me know when you purchased the Kindle