E-Readers

E-reader questions? Ask an electronics Expert.

It will not hold a charge. I had this problem and received a…

Customer Question
It will not hold...

It will not hold a charge. I had this problem and received a new cord. That worked for a while, but now the cord will not stay connected.

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?

It's my Kindle .....about 4 years old.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

As I said before, I talked with an Amazon tech who sent me a new cord. That worked for several months, but now the cord will not connect to my 2nd Kindle.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the E-reader Expert to know before I connect you?

I am home recovering from back surgery, and I really miss my reader.

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: E-Readers
9/27/2017
Electronics Technician: Josh, Technician replied 10 months ago
Josh, Technician

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you. Let's get started!

Please plug in your Kindle for 5 minutes then hold down the power button for 45 seconds while it is plugged in until the Kindle reboots. It can take 2-3 minutes for the complete reboot process. Allow it to charge for 20 minutes now and see if it will charge

If that does not work then please let me know when you purchased the Kindle

I am checking back up on you about your issue. If the issue is resolved or you do not need anymore help, please rate our session as 5 stars and press Submit so I am credited with helping you otherwise please reply back so we can continue with the issue.