E-Readers

E-reader questions? Ask an electronics Expert.

Unable to sync new ebooks and when I try removing the books…

Customer Question
Hello! unable to sync...

Hello! unable to sync new ebooks and when I try removing the books keep getting - oops something went wrong....

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?

3 years approx... where do i find that info?.. i only know its an ereader Aura

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

Started yesterday...did not try anything yet... thought it would resolve itself : )

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the E-reader Expert to know before I connect you?

No thanks!.. just to have this resolved would be great!

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: E-Readers
9/27/2017
Electronics Technician: Louie, Technician replied 10 months ago
Louie, Technician

Hi and welcome to JustAnswer, I’m Louie. Sorry you had to wait awhile but I’ll do my best to help.
Initially and to avoid asking you to do something you've already tried, can you please tell me what / any and all troubleshooting / specific steps you've already attempted other than / to address the above.

This is an independent site and members of this online community provide information, repair tips, technical assistance as a form of paid Q & A service.

HI! after reading up on the troubleshooting suggestions I made sure my Kobo desktop and ereader were on the same email account (as I have 2 email accounts) - it did not solve the problem. I then refreshed the desktop but still had no success. Looks like I am missing the Library tab? It appears as My Books? I tried removing all the books to try redownloading them but the Remove link was greyed out. Sorry, did not know what else to try! : )
Sorry! I do not want to spend any more money than I have to. I could get by with my books only appearing on my PC for now : )

Thank you for your kind understanding of automated-systems / machine-generated followups, ads & offers.

Would you still like to continue? ...explore other options?

Thank you but I'll just leave it alone for now.. It may be that my Kobo is outdated or there is a problem with my account. I apologize for taking up your time! Please have a great evening!

I understand.

...and thank you too for trying Just Answer.