E-Readers

E-reader questions? Ask an electronics Expert.

I purchased a second hand Kindle and I find I'm unable to…

Customer Question
I purchased a second...

I purchased a second hand Kindle and I find I'm unable to register it. The model # is D01200 IC:9600A-1013 FCC ID:ZEE 1013. HELP please!

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?

I supplied the model number. I don't know how old it is.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

Ever since I got it, which is about 3 months ago. I thought it might be because we were having internet connection issues (live on Norfolk Island) but many tries with the same result. I have taken everything off the Kindle and upgraded the software. Now running version 5.3.7.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the E-reader Expert to know before I connect you?

No, except there is no dictionary in it either,

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: E-Readers
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/27/2017
Electronics Technician: Josh, Technician replied 10 months ago
Josh, Technician

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you. Let's get started!

What is the error message that you see?

There was an error while registering your Kindle. Please try again later,.

Have you tried to register it over the phone?

No thanks. I think I'll go straight to Amazon.

Sure; no problem.