E-Readers

E-reader questions? Ask an electronics Expert.

I ordered an ebook on line with payment by credit card, but…

Customer Question
I ordered an ebook...

I ordered an ebook on line with payment by credit card, but my order was denied because of a problem with the payment method. My credit card is current and active, so I don't know what the problem is.

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?

Kindle Fire, less than a year old.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

Just a week or two. I used my card 2 months ago to purchase facial cleanser through Amazon. The purchase was honored...no problem using the card.

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: E-Readers
9/26/2017
Electronics Technician: Russell H., Technician replied 10 months ago
Russell H., Technician

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.
Was your credit card recently re-issued, because the old one's expiration month - perhaps 9/17 at a guess - was reached?

no

I was thinking that the credit card's 'date of expiration' detail might have changed, since it does change to a later date when reissued - thus making the record of it stored in Amazon.com, in your account with them, no longer valid for ordering.

OK, so what device are you trying to order with? a Kindle Fire, and I presume you have not tried to order on a computer instead-? though I am prepared to advise you as to how to get the Kindle Fire's ordering working...