E-Readers

E-reader questions? Ask an electronics Expert.

Kindle paperwhite purchased 2013 keeps rebooting when I

Customer Question
Kindle paperwhite purchased 2013...

Kindle paperwhite purchased 2013 keeps rebooting when I attempt to access a book I bought on Amazon in 2014. Other books I have no difficulty with. Is my kindle dying?

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?

No paperwork. where on kindle can i find this info?

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

Just today. And It just rebooted again.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the E-reader Expert to know before I connect you?

Not at this time

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: E-Readers
9/26/2017
Electronics Technician: Russell H., Technician replied 10 months ago
Russell H., Technician

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.
I don't think that your Kindle Paperwhite is dying yet, but, I cannot yet be sure of that. So please tell me:

1. do you have the same Amazon.com account that you had in 2014? I assume so, but this is an important point to the question you have asked.

2. is the battery level OK on your Kindle Paperwhite?

Kindle keeps rebooting and yes, it is the same kindle. I just unplugged from the wall before I attempted opening the book and that is when it started rebooting, again and again.

Do you know how to read the battery power level on your Kindle device?