E-Readers

E-reader questions? Ask an electronics Expert.

I have over 50 books purchased in my Amazon Account but

Customer Question
Dan, I have over...

Dan, I have over 50 books purchased in my Amazon Account but cannot get them to transfer to either my computer ot to my "Melvin's 2nd Kindle" Kindle. What do I do?

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?

Where do I find my Kindle make and model? It's about 10 years old.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

I've just now tried to download the books purchased in 2016 and 2017 for the first time.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the E-reader Expert to know before I connect you?

I would prefer to download to both my laptop and my Kindle. I've supposedly loaded the computer program from Amazon, but don't see it in either the 32 or 64K Program Files.

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: E-Readers
9/26/2017
Electronics Technician: Eric, Technician replied 10 months ago
Eric, Technician

Hey there! my name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you today. I will do all I can to provide you with excellent service and answer your questions as quickly as possible. While I take a moment to read over your question, please read the following:

• The offers you see for Remote Assistance or Phone Calls are not me recommending them, it is this website. I am more than happy to accept a request for one if you wish, but you do not have to.
  • Please keep this browser open, so that we do not lose contact. If you close it, open your email to find links back to this question.
  • I will continue helping you until your question is 100% answered, please ask as many follow up questions as you want to.

Follow these steps below to make sure your books are delivered to the devices you want them to be and not just random ones. This will allow you to make sure they are delivered to both your Paperwhites. If you still have any issues, just reply back to me and let me know, before rating.

1. On your computer, go to Amazon.com and log in using the same account that is on your Kindle device(s)
  2. Once you are logged in, click this link to get to the needed page.
  3. You will now see a list of your books, and you can manage where they are delivered.
  4. Select the books you want to change where they are delivered, and then click the icon for "Actions"
  5. Select the "Deliver to:" option, and now select the device or devices you want the books delivered to, and save it.

Now restart your Kindle devices and you will find that they are being synced :)

As far as reading on your PC, you do not actually need to download anything. Simply bookmark this website(https://read.amazon.com/) and go there. You can press F11 on your keyboard to go to full screen while reading.

Thank you, Eric. I'll try this.

No problem! Just please don't forget to rate my service to you on the top of this page :) Have a wonderful day and enjoy your books!