E-Readers

E-reader questions? Ask an electronics Expert.

My Kindle's female charging port has metal bent inside.

Customer Question
Hi Pearl: My Kindle's...

Hi Pearl: My Kindle's female charging port has metal bent inside. Additionally, the male charger cord is doing the same. I cannot charge my beloved Kindle. Any service ideas? David

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?

It is several years old. I'll ck model #

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

FCCE

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the E-reader Expert to know before I connect you?

No tx

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: E-Readers
9/26/2017
Electronics Technician: Josh, Technician replied 10 months ago
Josh, Technician

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you. Let's get started!

Hi David,

Unfortunately, the Kindles are basic electronics so there is not much that you can do to repair them and usually any type of repair would cost more than buying a new Kindle which is the case here.

I am checking back up on you about your issue. If the issue is resolved or you do not need anymore help, please rate our session as 5 stars and press Submit so I am credited with helping you otherwise please reply back so we can continue with the issue.