E-Readers

E-reader questions? Ask an electronics Expert.

I have a Kindle HD 8 and play games on it a lot. Several…

Customer Question
I have a Kindle...

I have a Kindle HD 8 and play games on it a lot. Several times it stops and doesn't recognize my finger "strokes" (selection taps) and totally seizes up. I have to shut the Kindle off and restart it, Do you have any suggestions on why this is happening?

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?

Kindle HD 8. About 2 months old.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

It has been about 3 weeks. I am unfamiliar with troubleshooting techniques to do on a Kindle; it is my first one.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the E-reader Expert to know before I connect you?

I don't think so. One other comment though. I thought it might be the battery. The battery is 26% right now. But when I plugged the charger in nothing happens (it doesn't look like it's charging) ; the Kindle is accepting commands right now though. Could that be something?

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: E-Readers
9/26/2017
Electronics Technician: Josh, Technician replied 10 months ago
Josh, Technician

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you. Let's get started!

Please plug in your Kindle for 5 minutes then hold down the power button for 45 seconds while it is plugged in until the Kindle reboots. It can take 2-3 minutes for the complete reboot process. Allow it to charge for 20 minutes now and see if it will charge

If that does not work then please let me know when you purchased the Kindle

It doesn't look like it is charging. The battery life shows it as 22% and the battery picture in the right hand corner is white and not doing anything (not flashing or anything to show it is working). The Kindle is a Fire HD 8 Tablet with Alexa, 8" HD Display, 32 GB and I got it through Amazon Digital Services.

The good news is that your Kindle is still under warranty and you can receive a replacement!

Once you receive the replacement, you can register the Kindle and all of your books will appear again.

Please call Amazon here ---> 1-***-***-****

Let them know that your Kindle has hardware issues and you need a replacement

If you have any questions, please let me know otherwise if you can take a minute and use the rating system to rate our session as 5 stars and press Submit so I am credited with helping you.

Thanks.

You're welcome!

Please use the star rating at the top to rate our session as 5 stars and press Submit

I am checking back up on you about your issue. If the issue is resolved or you do not need anymore help, please rate our session as 5 stars and press Submit so I am credited with helping you otherwise please reply back so we can continue with the issue.