E-Readers

E-reader questions? Ask an electronics Expert.

My Kindle died after being briefly in water. I tried the…

Customer Question
My Kindle died after...

My Kindle died after being briefly in water. I tried the rice cure, and while it was charging the next day it was fine, but once I took it off the charger it didn't work. I really need the books that are on it for an article I am writing. Should I get a new one, and can my Amazon book content (or anything else) transfer to the new one? How?

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?

It's a first generation Kindle Fire. About 3 years old is my guess.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

It has been going on ! day. I tried the rice cure but that's it.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the E-reader Expert to know before I connect you?

Just, can it be fixed, can I get a comparable new one, how quickly, and how/when can content be transferred, if it can be transferred. I am on a deadline so timing is important. Thanks.

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: E-Readers
9/26/2017
Electronics Technician: Jason Jones, Technician replied 10 months ago
Jason Jones, Technician

I am sorry to hear about your problem. My name is ***** *****, I am a Tech Expert with over 20 years of experience and look forward to helping you today.

I am sorry to say, but it sounds like the current Kindle will need to be replaced. Once you purchase the new Kindle and log into your Amazon account, the books that were on the previous Kindle can be downloaded again at no extra cost.

Until then, you can use a computer to read and access those same Kindle books. You may do so on the following page: https://www.amazon.com/kindlecloudreader

If you have any further questions, please let me know.

Rating me on the top of the page doesn't cost anything extra. Rating is how I am given credit. If you don't rate, doesn't give you a refund.

I would really appreciate it if, you could take a moment and rate me on the top of this page by clicking the Stars and clicking the Submit button on the top of this page.

Thank you,
***** *****

In the future, if you wish to work with me, ***** *****, you may ask your question at the following page that you may bookmark/favorite, if you wish. To be sure that it is sent to me, preface the question with --For ***** ***** Only!--

My Profile page:
http://JasonFixedit.com