E-Readers

E-reader questions? Ask an electronics Expert.

My kindle screen is frozen on with box that says "power,"

Customer Question
My kindle screen is...

My kindle screen is frozen on with box that says "power," "cancel," "restart," and "screen off."

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?

Amazon Kindle, and is about 3-4 years old.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

It just started and the only thing I've tried is turning it off and on, but problem persists.

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: E-Readers
9/26/2017
Electronics Technician: Richard, Customer Service replied 10 months ago
Richard, Customer Service

Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

This is usually an issue with the Firmware, so I would first like you to do this please.

Remove the charger from the Kindle and hold the power button to off for 60 seconds.

Release, then connect the charger and try to turn on the Kindle and use it.

Let me know the results please

Thank you