E-Readers

E-reader questions? Ask an electronics Expert.

I had to set my older kindle to default. Now in trying to…

Customer Question
I had to set...

I had to set my older kindle to default. Now in trying to reregister it, I guess I don't have the correct password. Help??

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?

It is a kindle fire guessing about four year s old

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

It was not working for a while and as I had a newer one, I hadn't checked it. It is on now with no problem but I wanted to release the parental control. Would accept that password ***** I set to default..Now I need to reregister it and the Amazon password ***** have doesn't work.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the E-reader Expert to know before I connect you?

Think that v overs the situation.

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: E-Readers
9/26/2017
Electronics Technician: Russell H., Technician replied 10 months ago
Russell H., Technician

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

I suggest that you first make sure that the Kindle is connected to WiFi. That has to be done before re-registering will work with any password, correct or incorrect.

Let me know if you need further advice - I will help you further as needed.

Wi-Fi is connected. Email address entered. Just need password

OK. If you are sure of your Amazon.com account's username/email, then call Amazon Customer Support at

1(###) ###-####/p>

and let them know you have forgotten your Amazon account's password.

Since I have not heard back from you, I am assuming that my answer was helpful and provided what you needed to help toward a solution.

If I have indeed answered your question, please rate my answer, using the five-star interface on your JustAnswer page. - A five-star rating would be appreciated. Thank you.

(If this didn't answer your question, if you need more info, or have any comments, use Reply To Expert to respond, and I will help and instruct you further.)