E-Readers

E-reader questions? Ask an electronics Expert.

I have a kindle paperwhite. the slide to unlock will not…

Customer Question
I have a kindle...

I have a kindle paperwhite. the slide to unlock will not appear sometimes and when it does it will not work.

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?

Kindlepaperwhite. i think 1 1/2 year to two years old

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

3 days. i can't open it to read about the trouble shooting.

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: E-Readers
9/25/2017
Electronics Technician: Josh, Technician replied 10 months ago
Josh, Technician

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you. Let's get started!

Please plug in your Kindle for 5 minutes then hold down the power button for 45 seconds while it is plugged in until the Kindle reboots. It can take 2-3 minutes for the complete reboot process.

If that does not work then please let me know when you purchased the Kindle

I am checking back up on you about your issue. If the issue is resolved or you do not need anymore help, please rate our session as 5 stars and press Submit so I am credited with helping you otherwise please reply back so we can continue with the issue.