E-Readers

E-reader questions? Ask an electronics Expert.

My kindle will not switch when I slide the switch at the…

Customer Question
My kindle will not...

My kindle will not switch when I slide the switch at the bottom

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?

Amazon kindle about 5-6 years old

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

Just today I used it about a week ago.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the E-reader Expert to know before I connect you?

I have tried putting it on the charger. It was fully charged a month ago and that usually lasts months. I have a screen with Jane austen on it so it can't be flat or I would have nothing on the screen

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: E-Readers
9/25/2017
Electronics Technician: Richard, Customer Service replied 10 months ago
Richard, Customer Service

Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

This is usually an issue with the Firmware, so I would first like you to do this please.

Remove the charger from the Kindle and hold the power button to off for 35 seconds.

Release, then connect the charger and try to turn on the Kindle.

Let me know the results please

Thank you