E-Readers

E-reader questions? Ask an electronics Expert.

I would like to keep my book in the kindle app in my iPad…

Customer Question
I would like to...

I would like to keep my book in the kindle app in my iPad private, how do I do this?

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?

Pro 10.5

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

I have never. Been able to do it. I have lol answers in the internet, many people are as needed as me but nobody knows how to do it.

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: E-Readers
I would like to protect the app with a password ***** anything like that. I have tried those lcck programs and I cannot get it.
9/24/2017
Electronics Technician: Josh, Technician replied 10 months ago
Josh, Technician

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you. Let's get started!

Unfortunately, there isn't a way to put a lock on the Kindle app.

Then what can I do

You can place a lock on your iPad to open it

Like I said, Those programs are very complicated and it seems it lock Amazon not kindle

It is not a program -- You can put a lock screen on your iPad but you cannot lock the Kindle app.

It says it can lock apps, why not the kindle?

What says it can lock apps?

The lock apps that you can get to secure apps and other private information

Unfortunately, a lot of apps/programs will claim to do things that they actually cannot do.

Is there another way to accomplish this? Can you hide the app in the device?

Unfortunately, no.

You are requesting a function that is not available.

Anyway why I am paying for this since the website was amazon

You can call our customer service at 1-***-***-**** to discuss payment information

Is there a number assigned to the chat that I can tell them when I call so they know what I am referring to?

No

Okay thank you.

You're welcome