E-Readers

E-reader questions? Ask an electronics Expert.

My kindle has a blank screen and will not open or charge. I…

Customer Question
My kindle has a...

My kindle has a blank screen and will not open or charge.

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?

I can't locate the original box. It is about 5 years old. It says CE0682 on the back of it.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

2 days. I have tried shutting off and turning back on, tried other plugs of electricity for charging. I have disconnected and re-connected the charging cord.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the E-reader Expert to know before I connect you?

Not really. I miss it.

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: E-Readers
9/24/2017
Electronics Technician: Josh, Technician replied 10 months ago
Josh, Technician

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you. Let's get started!

Please plug in your Kindle for 5 minutes then hold down the power button for 45 seconds while it is plugged in until the Kindle reboots. It can take 2-3 minutes for the complete reboot process. Allow it to charge for 20 minutes now and see if it will charge

If that does not work then please let me know when you purchased the Kindle

I am checking back up on you about your issue. If the issue is resolved or you do not need anymore help, please rate our session as 5 stars and press Submit so I am credited with helping you otherwise please reply back so we can continue with the issue.