E-Readers

E-reader questions? Ask an electronics Expert.

Having read the sample "The world of Yesterday" I now want…

Customer Question
Having read the sample...

Having read the sample "The world of Yesterday" I now want to buy the book on my kindle. On pressing the "BUY NOW" I get a meesage that kindle store encountered an unexpected error....????

Technician's Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the exact make and model of your machine?

Model number : D01200

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

Just started! No idea where to find troubleshooting?

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the E-reader Expert to know before I connect you?

No thank you

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: E-Readers
9/24/2017
Electronics Technician: Russell H., Technician replied 10 months ago
Russell H., Technician

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.
Your Kindle tablet is called a 'Kindle Touch'. Some questions about the problem you have encountered:

1. Where did you see the entry for 'The World Of Yesterday' that had a Buy Now link or button?

This is the proper Amazon.com page for that work:

https://www.amazon.com/World-Yesterday-Stefan-Zweig/dp/0803226616

and you would tap on the 'Kindle [Edition] $9.99' square, not one of the others, which might produce an error message perhaps.

2. Does your Kindle show a connection to WiFi? tap on the 'antenna' icon to be sure.

3. Does your Kindle show your name on it, for instance 'Gustaves Kindle' or 'Marias Kindle' or the like?

If your Kindle did not show your name on it, or if it were not connected to your WiFi, that might cause tapping on 'Buy' to have an error.

(If it did not show your name on it, then it might perhaps need Registering again, to your Amazon.com account.)

As it is, I hope that my suggestions got it working, or helped get it working. Since I have not heard back from you, I am assuming that my answer was helpful and provided what you needed to help toward a solution.

If I have indeed answered your question, please rate my answer, using the five-star interface on your JustAnswer page. - A five-star rating would be appreciated... Thank you.

(If this didn't answer your question, if you need more info, or have any comments, use Reply To Expert to respond and I will help you further.