E-Readers

E-reader questions? Ask an electronics Expert.

My ereader is fully charged I have read 60% of my book and…

Customer Question
My ereader is fully...

My ereader is fully charged I have read 60% of my book and the ereader will not come on . Maybe just worn out I have had it for at least 6yrs.. Help !!!! Have 40% of my book left ! !!

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?

Kindle touc

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

Kindle touch about six years old.just happened yesterday. Have not tried any troubleshooting

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: E-Readers
9/24/2017
Electronics Technician: Aric, Technician replied 10 months ago
Aric, Technician

I'm reviewing your details and will reply shortly.

The problem you're having is often due to the software in the Kindle locking up and it needing to be rebooted. To do this, simply press and hold the power button on the Kindle for 40 FULL seconds, then release and wait a full minute for it to reboot (do no press anything else within that minute).

If this does not cure the issue, try that reset up to THREE TIMES and wait the full minute to see if it reboots.

If you're still running into problems, then try plugging the Kindle into the charger for 15 minutes, then eject it and try the reboot a couple of more times.

Please view my reply- try those steps- and let me know what happens.