E-Readers

E-reader questions? Ask an electronics Expert.

My battery won't charge. Its been on the charger for 24

Customer Question
My battery won't charge...

My battery won't charge. Its been on the charger for 24 hours now.

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?

Its 2 or 3 years old. The model number on the back is ce0700. The screen says if I want to read while charging I need to eject it from my computer. But its not hooked to any computer right now

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

Noticed it yesterday morning. Was reading Friday night everything was fine. I turned it off and when I turned it back on Sat. morning it had this message. And tge battery was dead

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the E-reader Expert to know before I connect you?

Thats it

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: E-Readers
Answered in 1 hour by:
9/24/2017
Electronics Technician: Josh, Technician replied 11 months ago
Josh, Technician

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you. Let's get started!

Please plug in your Kindle for 5 minutes then hold down the power button for 45 seconds while it is plugged in until the Kindle reboots. It can take 2-3 minutes for the complete reboot process. Allow it to charge for 20 minutes now and see if it will charge

If that does not work then please let me know when you purchased the Kindle

Electronics Technician: Josh, Technician replied 10 months ago

I am checking back up on you about your issue. If the issue is resolved or you do not need anymore help, please rate our session as 5 stars and press Submit so I am credited with helping you otherwise please reply back so we can continue with the issue.

Thank you your answer fixed the problem

Awesome!

Please use the star rating at the top to rate our session as 5 stars and press Submit