E-Readers

E-reader questions? Ask an electronics Expert.

The background color is like a shade making it impossible to…

Customer Question
The background color is...

The background color is like a white shade making it impossible to see the screen clearly or watch anything on the tablet- how do you change it back to a normal shade

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?

A 2015 amazon kid kindle with the green cover?

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

About two week, but it only does it on one of the log ins, so the other two users still have a normal view, so I know the tablet isn't broken

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: E-Readers
9/24/2017
Electronics Technician: Aric, Technician replied 10 months ago
Aric, Technician

I'm reviewing your details and will reply shortly.

The problem you're having is often due to the software in the Kindle locking up and it needing to be rebooted. To do this, simply press and hold the power button on the Kindle for 40 FULL seconds, then release and wait a full minute for it to reboot (do no press anything else within that minute).

If this does not cure the issue, try that reset up to THREE TIMES and wait the full minute to see if it reboots.

If you're still running into problems, then try plugging the Kindle into the charger for 15 minutes, then eject it and try the reboot a couple of more times.

Let me know what happens once you try those steps please.

Were you able to get the Kindle to respond? Are you still having the same problem?

I’ve tried those steps and the problem is not solved

Okay, please elaborate- did the Kindle screen reboot, yes or no?

it rebooted- and this white/pink shade only appears on one of
The three users
Electronics Technician: Josh, Technician replied 10 months ago
Josh, Technician

If the above steps did not work then there is a hardware issue with your Kindle.

Since you are outside of the warranty period (1 year warranty) Kindle will probably not issue a replacement but they normally give great discounts for a current Amazon customer to upgrade to the Kindle Fire.

In SOME cases they will grant the 1year warranty for a customer and give you a replacement. That is completely up to Amazon and is on a case to case basis that I have no control over.

Please call Amazon here ---> 1-***-***-****

Let them know that your Kindle has hardware issues and you need a replacement

If you have any questions, please let me know otherwise if you can take a minute and use the rating system to rate our session as 5 stars and press Submit so I am credited with helping you.

I am checking back up on you about your issue. If the issue is resolved or you do not need anymore help, please rate our session as 5 stars and press Submit so I am credited with helping you otherwise please reply back so we can continue with the issue.