E-Readers

E-reader questions? Ask an electronics Expert.

I have a kindle reader that I purchased about three yrs

Customer Question
I have a kindle...

I have a kindle reader that I purchased about three yrs ago.received message asking to recharge, however kindle won't respond when plugged into power source.

Technician's Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the exact make and model of your machine?

I think CE0700

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

Stopped working one day ago.Dont know how to troubleshoot as I can't get in to reader.Press power button but no response.

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: E-Readers
9/24/2017
Electronics Technician: Aric, Technician replied 11 months ago
Aric, Technician

I'm reviewing your details and will reply shortly.

The problem you're having is often due to the software in the Kindle locking up and it needing to be rebooted. To do this, simply press and hold the power button on the Kindle for 40 FULL seconds, then release and wait a full minute for it to reboot (do no press anything else within that minute).

If this does not cure the issue, try that reset up to THREE TIMES and wait the full minute to see if it reboots.

If you're still running into problems, then try plugging the Kindle into the charger for 15 minutes, then eject it and try the reboot a couple of more times.

Let me know what happens once you try those steps.

Were you able to try those steps? Are you still having the same problem?

Let me know if you need further assistance. Also, before you go, could you please click a POSITIVE RATING (by scrolling all of the way to the top of the page, and clicking 3-5 stars), so that I am credited for working with you today?

Tried all options. Still not working.

If the above steps did not work then there is a hardware issue with your Kindle.

Since you are outside of the warranty period (1 year warranty) Kindle will probably not issue a replacement but they normally give great discounts for a current Amazon customer to upgrade to the Kindle Fire.

In SOME cases they will grant the 1year warranty for a customer and give you a replacement. That is completely up to Amazon and is on a case to case basis that I have no control over.

Please call Amazon here ---> 1800 064 122

Let them know that your Kindle has hardware issues and you need a replacement

If you have any questions, please let me know otherwise if you can take a minute and use the rating system to rate our session as 5 stars and press Submit so I am credited with helping you.

Is that it. Paid $51 for no result what about the first month free.

Not privy to any of that. You can use site help pages for billing.