E-Readers

E-reader questions? Ask an electronics Expert.

My Kindle just told me to free up space to free up space…

Customer Question
My Kindle just told...

My Kindle just told me to free up space to free up space today. Do I need tto buy a ne \ My Kindle told me I needed to free up space today, which I then agreed to do. Do I need a new Kindle for more books, games, e-mails. I use it a lot.

Technician's Assistant: The E-Reader Specialists require payment for their services. It's way less expensive on JustAnswer than face-to-face would cost. What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?

It is about 2 1/2 years old.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

It has happened twice. It sent unused stuff to the Cloud.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the E-reader Expert to know before I connect you?

I get a lot of adds for games which I would like not to happen. I'll be snding an e-mail or reading an e-mail and it will interrupt.

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: E-Readers
9/23/2017
Electronics Technician: GeekGal, Electronics Support Tech replied 11 months ago
GeekGal
GeekGal, Electronics Support Tech

Hi there! My name is*****'m sorry that you're having this trouble. It would be my pleasure to assist you.,It sounds as though you may be nearing full capacity on your Kindle. It's pretty common when you've had your Kindle for awhile and use it frequently. The first thing I recommend is that you delete the books that you have already read. The books that you delete from your Kindle will continue to be available at the Amazon website under My CONTENT if you should wish to download them again at some point in the future. If you have a large number of books that need to be deleted from the KIndle, it may be more efficient to reset your Kindle Fire to factory settings and start with a clean slate. If you will tell me what model your Kindle is, I can provide detailed instructions for each of these options.