E-Readers

E-reader questions? Ask an electronics Expert.

My kindle will not allow me to turn the page. In other words…

My kindle will not...

My kindle will not allow me to turn the page. In other words it's stuck on one page.

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?

I don't know the model number but I bought it 3 or 4 years ago

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

It started last night after I down loaded a new book. and I don't know how to trouble shoot.

9/23/2017
Aric, Technician

I'm reviewing your details and will reply shortly.

The problem you're having is often due to the software in the Kindle locking up and it needing to be rebooted. To do this, simply press and hold the power button on the Kindle for 40 FULL seconds, then release and wait a full minute for it to reboot (do no press anything else within that minute).

If this does not cure the issue, try that reset up to THREE TIMES and wait the full minute to see if it reboots.

If you're still running into problems, then try plugging the Kindle into the charger for 15 minutes, then eject it and try the reboot a couple of more times.

Aric, Technician