Josh, Technician
Experience:  E-reader expert
50836188

I have and old Kindle about 8 years old it is completely

hello i have and old Kindle about 8 years old it is completely frozen i've tried using the slider for 30 seconds and alt r it has come up with the bar but it is also now frozen I left it overnight it is current state showing the reboot bar but it has not moved. Any suggestions?
JA: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: its an Amazon Kindle I bought it when they first came onto the market in Australia model no.D00901
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: STARTED ON THURSDAY. TRIED HOLDING THE SLIDER ACROSS FOR 30 SECONDS; TRIED ALT R TRIED HOLDING THE SLIDER AND HOME SIMULTANEOUSLY
JA: Anything else you want the E-reader Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I THINK THAT'S ALL THANKS

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you. Let's get started!

Please plug in your Kindle for 5 minutes then hold down the power button for 45 seconds while it is plugged in until the Kindle reboots. It can take 2-3 minutes for the complete reboot process. Allow it to charge for 20 minutes now and see if it will charge

If that does not work then please let me know when you purchased the Kindle

Customer: replied 26 days ago.
Josh no change and the orange recharge light does not appear i presume that means is not charging, however it was virtually fully charged when the problem occurred. All it shows is a tree with a person sitting under it and the reboot bar under that stuck in the same position as last night

If the above steps did not work then there is a hardware issue with your Kindle.

Since you are outside of the warranty period (1 year warranty) Kindle will probably not issue a replacement but they normally give great discounts for a current Amazon customer to upgrade to the Kindle Fire.

In SOME cases they will grant the 1year warranty for a customer and give you a replacement. That is completely up to Amazon and is on a case to case basis that I have no control over.

Please call Amazon here ---> 1-***-***-****

Let them know that your Kindle has hardware issues and you need a replacement

Customer: replied 26 days ago.
OK thank you Josh, I presume I will lose all of the books I had on it and will have to purchase another.
Thanks again
Stephen
No, all books are stored on your Amazon account so they are not lost! The books will download onto your new Kindle.Please use the star rating at the top of this page to rate as 5 stars then press Submit