Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

Kindlefire will not show screen. Words "kindlefire" staying

Kindlefire will not show screen. Words "kindlefire" staying on screen, wont turn off.
JA: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: 5 years make kindle fire
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: At least 6 hours, reader was hot so took it out of case, push on/off button and nothing happens
JA: Anything else you want the E-reader Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no

I'm reviewing your details and will reply shortly.

The problem you're having is often due to the software in the Kindle locking up and it needing to be rebooted. To do this, simply press and hold the power button on the Kindle for 40 FULL seconds, then release and wait a full minute for it to reboot (do no press anything else within that minute).

If this does not cure the issue, try that reset up to THREE TIMES and wait the full minute to see if it reboots.

If you're still running into problems, then try plugging the Kindle into the charger for 15 minutes, then eject it and try the reboot a couple of more times.

Let me know what happens once you try those steps please.

Customer: replied 28 days ago.
The screen went blank at 20 sec but held on for 40 now waiting for minute to restart will let you know in about 30 sec

Okay that sounds good. Finger's crossed.

Customer: replied 28 days ago.
all has been corrected, thanks for your help

You're welcome, and I'm glad to hear that.