E-Readers

E-reader questions? Ask an electronics Expert.

I have a Kindle Paperwhite. I have purchased two books using…

Customer Question
I have a Kindle...

I have a Kindle Paperwhite. I have purchased two books using my laptop, but I am unable to deliver them to my Paperwhite. They never arrive. I recently replaced my credit card and added the new card to my kindle account.

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?

Kindle Paperwhite, about 6 months old.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

About a week. Since I replaced my credit card. When I check my account, the new credit card shows up. When I go to manage my account and devices, it shows that I purchased the two books, and when I deliver the books to my default device, it shows that the books have been delivered. But when I try to locate the books in my library on my Paperwhite, neither book is there.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: E-Readers
9/22/2017
Electronics Technician: Eric, Technician replied 8 months ago
Eric, Technician

Hey there! my name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you today. I will do all I can to provide you with excellent service and answer your questions as quickly as possible. While I take a moment to read over your question, please read the following:

• The offers you see for Remote Assistance or Phone Calls are not me recommending them, it is this website. I am more than happy to accept a request for one if you wish, but you do not have to.
  • Please keep this browser open, so that we do not lose contact. If you close it, open your email to find links back to this question.
  • I will continue helping you until your question is 100% answered, please ask as many follow up questions as you want to.

Follow these steps below to make sure your books are delivered to the devices you want them to be and not just random ones. This will allow you to make sure they are delivered to both your Paperwhites. If you still have any issues, just reply back to me and let me know, before rating. Please take two seconds to rate my service before you leave today at the top of this page. Remember it is my service you are rating and nothing else. If you feel my service has been anything but excellent, or you have follow up questions, please let me know before rating :)

Bookmark this link to ask me questions directly in the future: http://bit.ly/AnswersByEric

1. On your computer, go to Amazon.com and log in using the same account that is on your Kindle device(s)
  2. Once you are logged in, click this link to get to the needed page.
  3. You will now see a list of your books, and you can manage where they are delivered.
  4. Select the books you want to change where they are delivered, and then click the icon for "Actions"
  5. Select the "Deliver to:" option, and now select the device or devices you want the books delivered to, and save it.

Now restart your Kindle devices and you will find that they are being synced :)

I am having issue following this

******* ******

I am sorry, which part are you having problems with? I think your post was edited for posting private information.

I am unhappy with what happened to me. I didn't realize that I was to pay $36 to have a question answered. I thought it was a $5.00 charge. I'm a senior citizen, and I have a lot of trouble with technical stuff. I never used the information you sent me, because I couldn't get my Kindle online. I called my internet provider this morning and learned why I couldn't get online. When I got online, the books I ordered loaded immediately, so I never used the suggestions your expert sent me. I realize it's probably due to my own ignorance, but I'm not happy that what I thought was a $5 charge in now $36.
Electronics Technician: Eric, Technician replied 7 months ago

I am only an IT expert on this website, but I will send this in to customer service.

Eric, Technician